Monday, February 13, 2012

Using some old stuff in a rocking way

If your anything like me (or the bazillion other scrapbook hoarders out there) you probably have all sorts of amazing, totally terrific, super duper, mega awesome scrap crap you just can't part with. Lawdy lawdy knows I totally have more than mere words can describe. And like everyone else who is just like me I eventually get to a point where I begin to think about whether or not I should or should not part with the afore mentioned scrap crap. Granted I never really get much past the "thinking about" stage so none of my stuff is in real danger at the moment so no need to panic. But I do think someday fueled by too many 5 Hour Energy drinks I may just go buck wild and purge, purge, purge but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.
For now it all just sits there...waiting...waiting to be used, waiting to be loved again, waiting to be part of something, something totally awesome. Well the other day for one lucky little embellishment that dream came true! Yep it was a good day for one of those old, forgotton embellies and a good day for me cause had I gone on a purging spree it probably would've ended up in the gotta go, see ya later alligator pile which would've been so sad cause it was absolutely without a doubt perfect for this rockin layout I did of my super adorable rocking doggie.
I had the whole layout almost done and realized I left a pretty large space all across the bottom of the layout and as much as I love my white space it just wasn't working...I knew I need sumthing to put there and was totally clueless about what until I thought about some ribbon and as soon as I thought of ribbon it was like WHAM...flash of brilliance..and I was super excited cause I remembered this awesome bad ass looking trim I bought cause it looked like a dog collar. I must've bought it at least 3 years ago maybe even longer and I never evah used a single piece of it ...until this layout...



Isn't my pups just too cute for words! She definitely has the rock star look...if only she really knew how to play.



and isn't that trim just too stinkin perfect for words!! I mean without it the layout was cute...with it ...it ROCKS!!
So the moral of the story today ladies...procrastinating and hoarding are not always bad things. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment