Monday, May 14, 2012

A little digi project...

Wanna see some really cool projects I made for birthday gifts? Of course you do.


this one was made for my Auntie Doris


and this one was for my Uncle Dave

they were both turning 60 this week so my cousin wanted to do something special for them so she enlisted my help. The concept was simple...60 words from friends in honor of turning 60. We just had to figure out how to create it. So while she worked on getting a list of words from all my aunt and uncle's friends and family I worked on figuring out how to create it. Didn't take long to figure out the best and fastest way to do this project would be on the computer so I used my publishing program to do the whole thing. I simply created a 11 x 14 blank file and made multiple text boxes and typed in all the submitted words mixing up the fonts and colors as I went along. After they were all typed I simply had to move the text boxes around until I liked the arrangement. Once it was done my cousin hadit professionally printed and then framed them in simple glass frames. Voila..Done. Pretty simple and super cheap and they were a huge hit...both my aunt and uncle loved reading all the loving and thoughtful and often funny comments from all their friends and family. Such a great gift...I predict I will be making more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment