Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tweek Tweek

So remember how I said the other day I was doing my scrappy chores and putting all my layouts in albums and it was taking forever...of course you remember...anyways even if you don't I guess it's not that important...see the thing was it was taking forevah and it was taking forevah cause I couldn't help but inspect and critique them before I put them in...not a good idea I know...when it comes to layouts I believe you should live by the motto..."whats done is done" ...but I couldn't help myself. Some of the layouts in my stack were from months and months ago and because it had been so long since I worked on them I was looking at them with a fresh perspective...which basically means I was looking at them and going I could of, should of, would of. Most of them I was perfectly happy with and put in as is but a few of them bugged me...one had crooked ribbon...an easy enough fix with the magic of un-du, another needed a bit more color, another simple fix...just added a few buttons and it was done. But one layout really needed some tweeking. I loved the layout when I did it but after I got it done I did my journaling by hand directly on the layout and totally wrecked it...I never never never should've done it...but oh well what's done is done...right...wrong!! When I saw it again it was still bugging me and I couldn't put it in the album with the cruddy journaling so I tweeked it...I added a journal spot to cover the old journaling which made a humungous difference...but even after I fixed the journaling I couldn't stop tweeking...I added some twine to the tag and a chipboard heart too which was just the perfect finishing touch and then because I had a small empty area on the new journaling spot I added a few more embellies there too. I was totally thrilled with all the changes...amazing what a few tweeks can do.
Here is the new improved version...



doesn't the tag look better with a bit of twine...so cute...



and there is no denying the new journal spot is 100% times better than the previous disaster...



here's the original to compare...



So glad I made the changes to this layout...note to self for future layouts...journal spots are my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment