Tuesday, February 21, 2012

purge, clean, shop, create, repeat

Here's what I learned this weekend..it's amazing how much stuff you can get into in 3 days time when you are trying to avoid doing what you really should be doing. See I am supposed to be selecting, editing and printing pics in preparation of the 4 day crop I'm going to in 3 weeks but instead of doing that I ended doing everything but. Seriously... I cleaned, created, shopped, purged, cleaned some more and then shopped some more...everything but edit pics. I know I will so regret the procrastinating but on the plus side I got tons done this weekend. ...one layout, 2 projects, purged a bunch of stuff, put away some stuff and got a bunch of great new stuff.
First I did some creating...I did an absolutely amazing layout using lots of fun ink techniques...cool right...except I can't show it to you cause it's for a page call for Creating Keepsakes :( sorry ...I really really really wish I could show it to you all cause I was major happy with how it turned out. I couldn't finish it right away though cause I needed a heat gun...I had one but the cord was all chewed up and I thought best not to use a super hot tool with exposed wires around a ton of paper...thinking that was a pretty good call. Anyways this is the part where the shopping comes in...I had a couple 50% off coupons for ACMoore so off I went to get my new heat gun. Since I had more than one coupon I dragged the kiddos along to make the trip worth it...I got the heat gun for 10 bucks after the coupon and they each got a couple packs of WRMK page protectors for me...total bargain at 2.99 for a 10 pack. So with heat gun in hand it was back to creating...didn't take too long and my masterpiece was done. So naturally after all that creating it was time for some cleaning...had to put away all the shtuff I used to create the layout. That didn't actually take so long...since I was working with inks I tried to keep my workspace pretty clean while I working so I didn't accidentally ink something that should'nt be inked....since I've been known to do that on occasion (read: all the time). After cleaning I got pics taken of my layout and off it went to CK. Fingers crossed.
That brings me to Saturday...another day with no desire to sit and edit pics. Instead I started working on putting away a pile o'crap from a bunch of kits I was done with...a totally overwhelming task but I really needed to get it done. I started working on it but it wasn't long before I got distracted and started yet another entirely different project...purging. For this i am blaming my friend Tina...it's her fault I had purging on the brain in the first place...she was telling me Friday about how she was purging her scrap supplies and how her space was so clean now yadda yadda yadda...so in the midst of working on one project to avoid working on another project I started working on another...crazy right! I know. I know. I did get through a lot though...in the time it took to watch 2 Harry Potter movies I managed to get through all my boxes of theme stuff and purged quite a bit....seriously......check it out...



all of this lovely stuff is destined for a scrap swap and sell event in the not so distant future...really pathetic to see all this unopened stuff in this box but I am glad to finally have it all one step closer to being out of my house and I am majorly looking forward to the cash this pile can bring me...after all I have more scrap stuff I want to buy...it's such a never ending cycle! So after I got all this stuff purged it was back to my big ol box of scrap crap to put away. I started sorting it into little piles and putting it away a little bit at a time. I made a little progress but once again before I could make a real dent in it I got distracted....this time with more creating. See as I was going through my box of stuff to be put away I found a big bag of chipboard circles and squares that were the leftovers from some x-mas calendars I made like 3 years ago. Of course I held onto them because that's what I do...I hold onto stuff ...not because I have specific plans to use it but because the stuff has potential...and who can throw out a big bag of potential. Apparently not me. But since it had been 3 years since I had even laid eyes on the bag I figured it might be time to bite the bullet and just toss it....that was until I opened the bag....and whoosh just like that all that potential came rushing out and before I knew it I had all the circles and squares out of the bag and was moving them around and around and around until bam!!...there it was...an idea...a really cool idea...so out came the glue and the glue dots and before long I turned most of those circles into this...


A fabulous Christmas wreath!! Isn't this the coolest. I think so ...and to think I almost threw them all in the trash. Fueled by my success with the circles I tried to come up with something to make with the squares and after a little trial and error here's what I made with those...


Not quite as cute as the wreath but I like it. I still have a ton of the squares left so I think I will be making some more of these. Not bad huh...two great projects from a bag of stuff that was minutes from the trash barrel and as an added bonus it's only February and I already got 2 Christmas projects done!
So by the time Sunday rolls around my scraproom looks like a bomb was dropped in there...guess that is to be expected after working on too many things at once...so I decided it's time for more cleaning...I cleaned off some of my workspace...got it to that good nuff stage.. and then it was back to working on the box o'scrap crap again. I really really did try to make some progress on getting it all put away but it wasn't long before I decided what I really need to do was some more shopping. This I blame on ACMoore and their clever marketing...see when I went shopping for my heat gun, etc. with my 50% coupons they gave me 55% off coupons for Sunday and Monday...naturally I couldn't pass up using those...so this time I dragged the hubster and the kids and off we went for a quick trip to ACMoore. Top of my list for my 55% off coupon...a Martha Stewart score board. So happy to finally own one...and just $11.25 after the coupon. Since I had more than one 55% off coupon I looked around for more stuff I just had to have...finally decided on a new corner punch because my old one is being held together by scotch tape..$4.95 after the coupon. I also found an amazing deal on American Crafts ribbon...24 rolls (4 feet each) for $6.75 after the coupon...works out to .21 a yard for lots of polka dot rainbow goodness. I used my last coupon on a practical purchase...glue dots...got the 4 pack for $7 after coupons. I also got some thickers since all the stickers were 40% off...after all who can say no to thickers for 2.99. I also got some stickers from ATD...love their stuff..super cute and super cheap at 40% off. Here's a peak at my haul...


Of course when I got home I had to put all of this away. Oh well...it was a productive weekend. Hopefully tomorrow I won't find so much stuff to do and can get to editing those pics....but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment