Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The pile 'o crap is a little smaller

and my stash of cards is a little bigger. Actually it's not a pile o'crap anymore..it's a box o'crap since that is what I put all of it in to take with me this weekend and as it turns out it wasn't all crap...when I started going through the basket of stuff on my desk to be put away and started tossing it in the box I found all sorts of stuff....remnants from my doubles swap kits, remnants from other LO's and even some new stuff I bought online and a package I got in the mail that I never put away...since I didn't feel like sorting new crap from old crap it all went into the box. In addition to my box o'scrap crap, I brought card blanks of course, a bag of ribbon scraps, some inks, basic tools and some stamps with card sentiments. With all of that I was able to complete a whopping total of 8 cards in 2 days....amazing right. Not really I know... most people can make 8 cards in an hour or two but not me...I am a very very very slow card maker...like turtle in a coma slow. In addition to my general slowness I was multi-tasking while I scrapped which so didn't help my cause...I watched almost all of season 2 of NCIS (I heart my portable DVD player and I big time heart Gibbs....still dreamy after all these years) ...besides the NCIS marathon I also stopped to cook, eat and clean (only one of which I did willingly) and I did socialize a bit...cocktails on the deck and all that...we were camping after all and it was a holiday...just say'n. Btdub...the cocktails...they were frozen lemonade slushies...very very yummy. So if I had to break it down I probably spent about 14 or so hours camped out at my picnic table with my box o'scrap crap but I probably only worked for about 2/3 of that....and yes I know it is not easy to calculate 2/3 of 14 in your head so I'll save you the braincells...that's about 9.33 hours...divide that by the 8 cards I did ...carry the 1, subtract the 2 ...it's roughly 1.16 hour per card. Like I said I'm slow. It's a good thing I don't work for Hallmark or I would've been canned. Oh well even though 8 cards is not that impressive it's still better than none. So as promised I took pics...so here is a picture of the pile... which is actually now a box...o'scrap crap..



and here's the 1st card I made...



I used paper scraps from a kit from my doubles swap challenge and the chipboard circle was from a pack of Making Memories chip ...the sentiment is actually a clear sticker that came in some random mailing from CK ages ago.

this is card #2...



again more scraps from the doubles swap, more MM chip and the sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo

card#3...



again more MM Chip and more scraps from the doubles swap along with a random scrap....don't you just love the color combo... I know I do...the sentiment is studio g wood stamp...the brads were also leftovers from a doubles swap kit and that cool flower stem is ribbon

here is card #4...



I made the background for this card with some squares I had cut and inked for a LO and never used them ... thought they were so pretty so I couldn't part with them...worked out pretty well as a background since the front of this card blank was actually in sad shape. I wasn't really happy with how the sentiment on this card came out...the rubon didn't want to rub on and I totally goofed and put the ribbon too high so my original sentiment wouldn't fit ...oh well blame guess I can blame this one on the a a a a alcohol.I did get lucky with the bow...it was already tied and in my bag o'ribbon scraps and it is just super pretty.

this is card #5....



The embroidered flowers and clouds were things I had pulled for different LO's and never put away ...the rest of the card is just random scraps of paper and a tiny bit of ric rac. I wanted to add a bee or something but there was none in my box o'crap.

here is card #6...



one of my faves...the patterned paper is just so pretty...it too was leftover from the doubles swap as were the 2 buttons and the little bit of cord...the sentiment is another CK sticker and the metal tag was in a package sent to me that I never put away and the rubons were for a LO and never used

here is card #7...



another fave..the flower tags were from the same scrappy mail package..another CK sticker for the sentiment, the last of the only 4 buttons I had in my box, a ribbon scrap and a brandy-new label sticker from my ACOT order that never got put away

and lastly card #8...



this card took a while to do...not because of the alcohol...but because I wanted to use the star lace paper and had trouble finding scraps to match....that star lace paper is the last of a 12x12 sheet...that stuff is so expensive so I definitely wanted to use every last scrap...the sentiment is from MAMBI and the rest of the card was just paper and ribbon scraps.
So like I said I only made a small dent in my box o'crap so I will have to see if I can make a bigger dent this week and get some more cards done..I have high hopes I will get more than 8 done...after all I'm out of lemonade slushies.

No comments:

Post a Comment