Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scrap my crap challenge

First of all...to those who find the word crap offensive...you might want to stop reading because I will be using the word a lot in this post. See I have recently discovered that I have a lot of scrap crap...and by crap I mean all that random stuff leftover from layouts or other projects I've done recently that I am too lazy to put away but too cheap to throw out. I seriously have a ton of this crap...leftover pieces of paper borders, random stickers, pieces of ribbon, scraps of papers, etc. etc. etc. etc. In addition to all the leftover crap I have floating around...I also have a pile of random crap I have been trying to decide whether to purge or not purge....you know the stuff you buy because it was so cute but you it just never ever makes it to a layout. Well today I decided it was time to do something with the piles o'crap and since I have been completely lacking in the moojo department and I have all this crap to use that I would challenge myself to use it. Last time I was in a creative rut I did a lot of challenges and it really helped to get the old creative juices flowing. So I am throwing the whole pile o'scrap crap in a box...along with some basic tools and some card blanks and I'm bringing it with me this weekend and I'm going to see what kind of fabulous creations I can concoct with my crap. I'll take a picture of the box o'crap before I get started and hopefully by Monday I will have pics of lots of great cards to share....although if I make them with scrap crap...I guess they would'nt be great cards...they'd be crappy cards...or maybe they'll be great crappy cards....as long as their not crappy crappy cards since that would suck....guess we'll find out on Monday ...wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment