Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy busy...planning a very important event

So as many of you know I live in Massachusetts and also as many of you may know on June 1st our area was hit by devastating F-3 tornados that left a 39 mile path of destruction. As a result many many people in our area are in dire need of assistance. Some families lost everything and many families are still living in shelters. I was lucky...as were my family and friends...that we all escaped harm and were fortunate enough not to have been directly effected by the tornados even though many of us work or live close to the tornado ravaged areas. Realizing just how fortunate I was and after seeing countless images of the destruction the tornados caused I felt I had to do something to help. I immediately got food and clothes together for donations and have already made a couple trips with loads of donated items but it just seemed like it wasn't enough. More needed to be done. Something bigger. So I decided to plan a crop to raise money for tornado relief. So I've been incredibly busy planning for this event which takes place in less than a month! Yikes. Thankfully I have the help of my scrapping buddies ...Jennifer Ingle (justjingle.blogspot.com), Stacy Deprey and Tina Whitney who have been helping with donations and planning...these ladies rock and have been absolutely amazing. I honestly don't think I could've pulled this off without their help. Here's our flier for the event...



In addition to my fabulous friends, I have been very fortunate that so many businesses have stepped up to help us make this event a huge success including the Hampton Inn in Chicopee where the event will be held...it's a beautiful hotel and the staff there has been top notch. In addition I'd like to thank all the great local scrapbook stores for stepping up including ... Paper, Paper in Northampton, Ink Paper Scissors in Sturbridge, Heartfelt Memories in Brattleboro, Vermont and Life's Memories and More in Palmer, MA all of whom have very generously made donations to our event. We have more companies offering their help and donations each day and tomorrow I am going to link you up with several of them including some of my favorite companies and some really great kit clubs

No comments:

Post a Comment