Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Truly, madly, deeply

in love. That's right...like a teenager with her first crush...I am in love...with my new lightbulbs. Yes I said lightbulbs...18 W compact daylight energy efficient lightbulbs to be exact. This is no joke...this is serious, head over heels, never to be parted again love. What is so special about a lightbulb that I would profess such undying devotion you may ask...well thanks to these fabulous light bulbs...I can actually SEE now. As I've mentioned before...I'm just ever so slightly above the 40 year old mark..I don't feel a day over 30 and I act like I'm 12...but my eyes ...well my eyes are 40 going on 60....and even though I have a total of 6 light fixtures in my scraproom...including an ottlight and an overhead fixture with 6 lightbulbs...I am still squinting constantly. It's pathetic. Truly pathetic. Mr. Magoo has better eyesight than me. But thanks to my new found love...my lighting issues will be no more! I found this glorious little slice of heaven last week thanks to an electrician who came to our offices to replace some fixtures...when he was done he put in some new light bulbs. I was literally stunned with how bright they were...just 2 little bulbs and the whole room was 5 times brighter. So of course I had to ask about them and of course once I knew what they were I couldn't wait to get to the store to find one of my own. Finally got to the store and after some searching was able to find one...there it was ...like a stud amongst a sea of duds...my new found love. Of course not wanting to rush into things...I bought just the one...turns out they are a little pricy. As soon as I got it home I immediately removed one of my lackluster soft white 40 watt bulbs ...didn't even wait for the darn thing to cool down ..and I replaced it with my new funny looking twisty bulb and flicked the switch and just like that...bliss. Even with just one new bulb my room was so much brighter. I was officially hooked...so like a junkie...I wanted more. Imagine how giddy I was when I went in search of another score and found out that they are now on sale for half off and I had a coupon...it was like it was meant to be. So now I have replaced a total of 4 bulbs in my overhead fixture and my room is a bright new glorious squint-free workspace...which apparently...according to my kids...can be seen from the end of the street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment