Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I get by with a little scrappy supplies from my friend

mmmm, I get by with a little scrappy supplies from my friends, oh I can scrap with a little help from my friends. Don't you just love the beatles? I do. But I love my scrappy friend Tina more. We had a great time at our Friday night crop last week. We spent our time in her new scrappy space which I totally love....girlfriend got a new flat screen ...I'm mad jalous. She's also got a pretty nice collection of scrap supplies which she's recently added to thanks to her mad addiction to 2peas shopping. I'm normally not supportive of my friends addictions but in her case I'm going to conveniently overlook her problem and hold off the intervention for now since I found out her "little problem" is beneficial to me and my scrapping. Beneficial how you want to know...well as it turns out I got only one LO done on Friday and most of what was on that LO was pilfered from Tina's newly gotten scrapping booty. Yep that's right...I was that friend...the one you invite to your house and she uses all your brand new stuff...nice right? In my defense I have to say I had no intention of borrowing anything...after all I brought plenty of my own stuff...tons of my own stuff actually..it's not like a showed up with a stack of pictures and nothing else...that would be like showing up for a dinner party with nothing but a fork. For a 6 hour scrapping session I brought a tool tote, a rolling cart with about 30 kits in it and a basket of some of my fave embellies. Plenty of stuff to complete one measly LO. So if I had all this stuff why would I mooch from my gracious hostess? Well it was scrappy karma that made me do it. Just as I started working on my LO Tina pulled out some new papers she just got ... she was trying to decide what to use on her LO ...when lo and behold she flips to a sheet of 2 sided paper that is an absolute perfect match for my LO. I mean 100% spot on perfect match...no other paper could have matched any better. So there I was faced with this nasty dilemna...do I listen to the little polite me on my shoulder saying "it's not nice to mooch" or do I listen to the little hardcore scrapper me on the other shoulder saying ...very loudly I might add...."that paper is perfect, perfect paper is like scrapping gold, you have to have it, the scrappy gods want you to have that paper!" Well of course I couldn't argue with that logic ...perfect paper is just too hard to pass up...so of course I did what any other scrapper would do when the scrappy gods tempt them...I caved. So I told the polite little me on my shoulder to shut the heck up and I snatched the perfect paper from Tina's hands! Gasp! OK so I didn't snatch it...I asked for it...but I think I would've snatched it if she said no...thankfully she gave it up willingly and I didn't even have to threaten her with my paper piercer. I'm sure there are those of you who would tsk tsk me from the comfort of your computer chair for being so rude as to mooch but you weren't there. Trust me if you were in my shoes you would've given your friend paper cuts getting that paper...luckily it didn't come to that. I mean all you have to do is look at my LO to realize I did the right thing. I wish I could say the borrowing stopped at the paper but as any chronic moocher knows, once you start borrowing stuff...it gets easier and easier. So I "borrowed" this super duper cute sun journal spot from her brand new Bo-Bunny Journaling book...after all it was way cuter than the 200 journaling spots I brought with me and it was just perfect for my LO. Luckily for her the borrowing stopped there because the rest of the stuff in my kit matched perfectly with the stuff I pilfered from her. I'm sure Tina is thankful I'm not a faster scrapper or I might've borrowed more stuff. At the urging of the polite little me I did leave some goodies behind in an effort to repay her kindness so she might actually invite me back... after all she said she was working on another order from 2 peas ;) !

No comments:

Post a Comment