Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

I finally got some scrapping done the other night....woohoo for me...and I wanted to share with you my latest creation. The pic is of my darling daughter...I was hanging around in her room one night and she was wearing the most beautiful pink angora sweater (a hand me down from a very stylish older cousin...if I only the cousin wore my size...sigh) ...well anyways she looked so pretty I told her I wanted to get a picture. My daughter not being very camera friendly decided to play oppossum so to speak and pretended to be asleep when I came back up with my camera. Of course being a true mamarazzi I was completely unfazed by her little tactic and snapped away anyways. She should know I always get my picture one way or another. Hence the title ..which I need to give props to my daughter for...she helped me with it...she didn't like my version...which was "Not Sleeping Beauty"...she thought people would take it as she was not a beauty...like anyone would ever look at that face and think that. She suggested that I add the words "still" "a" in front of beauty to clarify....so of course being the good mom I am I obliged.

The LO was really fun to do. I edited the pic in PSE7 and added a dream effect / soft tint to the photo...thought it looked prettier than the original version and it worked better with the papers I chose. As for the papers...I cannot remember who made either but I loved them both. The star and moon paper is way theme-y for me but it worked perfectly for this LO. I got lucky and found some fuzzy pink velvet stars to use as embellishments. The pretty lace border is actually Mrs. Grossman sticker border...I tinted one piece with pigment ink and layered it under another piece. I used the same pigment ink to color the rolled edge of the paper and tint the edges of my Jenni Bowlin journal spots. I made the title with Thickers, tiny alphas from My Little Shoebox and a clear sticker from Colorbok that I mounted on transparency and used itty bitty teeny tiny pop up dots to raise it up over the Thickers. I even busted out my sewing machine for this LO...all 10 tons of it...I love my machine but it's a total beast and I don't have a permanent home for it so I have to lug it out when needed. I love the little extra ooomph stitching adds...although sewing around the stars had me using some choice 4 letter words by the time I was done. I even used some ribbon from my stash for this LO...only 8000 yards more to use. To finish the LO I used some Kaiser beads as accents for the moon and along the border....my kiddos...AKA the "critics" didn't like the beads on the moon but I decided to ignore them as I often do. Kids...what do they know

No comments:

Post a Comment