Friday, March 19, 2010

Just Like at The Oscars

As with every event there is always a lot of behind the scenes work being done before the big day... then of course afterwards there are the thank yous. You know the drill...I'd like to thank my dentist (get it drill ;), my mom, my barber, my kindergarten teacher, yadda, yadda. Well as much as those long winded Oscar thank you's bore me to tears...I find now that my "big event" is over I too have a little index card full of notes and names of people to thank. You see this blog didn't just magically appear...it was weeks of work ...yes I said weeks. Now for the average person, blogs don't take weeks to set up. But I am not your average person...I am a somewhat needy, computer challenged person who relies heavily on my friends for information, guidance and encouragement. So this morning as I sit here typing in my wrinkled designer gown (it's Gucci...thanks for asking) I'd like to take the time to thank all the little people (I have a lot of short friends ;).

So without further ado...I'd first like to thank my amazing friend Kim (Hi Kim!) and my other late night chat buddies, Emily and Leslie (yes I put her name before yours...get over it) for my being my cheering section...my sarcastic, witty cheering section. Thanks ladies for all your support.

Next I'd like to thank my genius friend, Kerry...when it comes to all things computers...she is the Obi Wan to my Anakin. Kerry helped me with my questions about web hosting and adding custom backgrounds ...needless to say it was quickly determined custom backgrounds are way to complex for my pea brain to handle (HTML what?). She was also the one who helped me finally decide between 2 names for my new blog. Thanks Girl!

And last but certainly not least a big shout out to Amy who helped me big time with my PSE deficiency and helped me with my blog header. That girl has mad skills. Without her I would still be banging my head against the keyboard. Thanks Pixie Dixie!

And lastly thanks to all of you who visited my blog on my first day...I had 290 visits in one day! Absolutely amazing. I feel like Sally Fields (you like me, you really like me). Thanks for making my launch a huge success!

and now your late night news. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment