Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blame it on my inspiration jar

I know it's been a while since I posted but I swear I have a really good excuse ...I've been creating!!! Actually I've been doing lots and lots of creating and it's all thanks to my awesome inspiration jar!! See lately I have been feeling like a one trick pony always using the same products in the same way over and over and over again and I really really really was in dire need of some serious creative inspiraton so I decided to bust out the inspiration jar I created a while back and boy was I inspired!! Wondering what's an inspiration jar? Just the bested thing evah! It's a jar filled with slips of paper and each piece of paper has some kind of scrappy goodness listed on it...products (like glimmer mist, ribbon, chipboard, etc.), techniques ( like stamping and embossing), colors, tools (like paper crimpers and punches), and tons more! Using it is simple...when you want to create you just select as many slips of paper as you want and you use whatever product/technique/color etc. that you choose. Simple right! I created my inspiration jar maybe a year or so ago to help me keep the creativity flowing and to help me use more of my scrap supplies...especially all those products I bought so long ago that just sit around mostly collecting dust...I have way to many of those! But for whatever reason I haven't used my inspiration jar much recently so I decided a couple weeks ago it was time to bust it out again and I am so glad I did! I pulled 3 slips and totally was inspired by the awesome combination ...vellum (remember vellum?), alcohol inks and texture!!! Since then I have been doing nothing but playing/creating and having a total blast! I really got super inspired by the products and had tons and tons of ideas of stuff to make...I wasn't even finished with the first project and I was already thinking about my next one!! I had so much fun and I really did feel way more creative than I have in ages!!! I made a bunch of stuff and learned a bunch about working with vellum and inks and even developed my very own technique so I now have tons and tons of really cool stuff to share with you all including tips, techniques, a layout and several cards and more!! I even did a video to share with you all! Make sure to check back all week because I will be posting lots of great stuff. Hopefully all the great stuff I'm posting this week will make up for being AWOL for the last couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment