First the apology...a big one...for my total lack of ability to manage my time and a calendar! I made the ultimate oops...hosted a giveaway and then forgot about it...genius right? I totally forgot about the Un-Du giveaway and should've posted winners a week ago!! It was just monumental stupidity on my part that I forgot about it. I should've known not to end the giveaway the same weekend as my son's birthday and in the middle of my vacation...obviously it was way more than than my brain could manage in a week! And even though I was back from vacation on Friday I didn't even think of the giveaway until last night when I finished a layout and thought about posting the layout on the blog that I realized my last post was a giveaway...monumental mega duh, smacking forehead moment!
Anyways...now that I have my head on straight again and I now remember the giveaway...let's get on with some winners!! And the winners are....Everyone!!! Yep...all 7 of you that commented on my blog and on facebook are winners!! Just need your addies and I will send each of you some wonderfully marvelous Un-Du!!! Hooray for y'all!!
And now for the layout...which I gots to say I am monumentally happy with...I just love when something I am working on comes out the way I hoped it would and this layout did not disappoint! Isn't it awesome!!
I had the idea for this layout months ago when I first found and edited this awesome pic of my daughter. I just love this picture..it so captures her. Originally the pic wasn't that great ... I took it in front of a window and while her face looked amazing the window frame did not ...so through the magic of PSE I took out all of the window frame and replaced the background with a soft white with just the hint of blue.. then to add to the dreamy effect I wanted I used a darker blue to create a vignette around the pic...love how it came out! Knew when I printed the pic that this layout would be all about my daughter's constant day dreaming and had tons of ideas for it but I didn't start it until 2 weeks ago. Right off I found the perfect background paper...Romanji from Basic Grey...such a beautiful color. Then I dug through my stash for all the awesome embellies...lots and lots of embellies. After I had all my stuff to play with I worked on the layout for a bit but no matter what I did I hated it....what I was coming up with was just not at all what I had in my head so I deserted it and ignored it for 2 weeks until last night. See last night I was feeling super motivated to be super creative so I pulled out season 5 of That 70's Show (love that show!)...popped a disc in my laptop and sat down to scrap and in no time the creative juices were flowing! After all that time away from it I was able to look at the layout with a fresh perspective and immediately got ideas on how to fix what was bugging me last time.
First thing I fixed...the background...I absolutely loved the paper and the soft color but it was lacking so out came the glimmer mist...2 shades... a blue and a purple...as usual it was a heart pounding experience to apply...hoping I didn't wreck the only sheet of the beautiful paper I had ...but after a few oh $#&% moments (got glimmer on my woodwork! yikes!) I got the background the way I wanted. So it was onto the embellies...lots and lots of embellies...most of which I either made or tweeked in some way. The embelly I had the biggest issue with from the beginning was the rainbow...I used my Ranger Alcohol Inks to create it on a piece of transparency...it was way to bright so I put a piece of vellum over it which then made it too opaque...grrr...so needed a happy medium between ultra bright and mega dull ...took me a while but finally figured out that lightly rubbing it with white pigment ink toned it down just enough.
On to the clouds...these were actually cheap vellum stickers from the dollar store...I mounted them on transparency and cut around them...a trick I use for stickers so I can move them around the layout without them...well ...sticking. To bling them out a bit I stickled them (not sure if bling or stickle are actual verbs but that's what i'm rolling with) :).
After the clouds it was onto the trees and bush and flowers...more stuff I created and/or tweeked. The tree and bush were created with transparency, glimmer mist and vellum....first I sprayed green glimmer mist on transparency and let that dry...then I sprayed the vellum with some spray adhesive and adhered that to the sprayed side of the vellum...I liked the mottled shiny look I got from this technique...then I just cut out the shapes and used my slick writer to add some depth and detail around the edges of the tree. I decked out the bush and bottom of the layout with some white rubon flowers from American Crafts. Some of the flowers didn't rubon fully so I used my fave sakura white pen to touch them up...love the ultra super white detail I get with that pen. To give even more detail to the flowers I used my glaze pens (more pens I just love) to color the centers. Added some super mega adorable bird stickers from Sandylion and even more rubons...stars from AC and the pretty flourishes from Making Memories...the Making Memories rubons didn't show up quite the way I wanted them too so I traced the design with my white pen again to get that super crisp white detail. Added more details...star stickers from ADT and Miss Elizabeth...a rubon sun from Miss Elizabeth...a some purdy butterflies from ADT ...and a hot air balloon I created with a scrap of BoBunny paper and a glaze pen...this was too bright as well so I rubbed a layer of pigment ink over that too.
Lastly I used some adorable alphas from Websters Pages and Basic Grey to create my title and detailed the bottom with some borders from Doodlebug, Making Memories and Reminisce. Took 5 hours to complete but Kelso and Hyde were keeping me company...and making me laugh out loud... the whole time so it was all good.