Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I got krafty last night...

Had to do a monochromatic LO for a scrap-lympics competition I entered and I chose Kraft as my color...I know not the most exciting color.. but hey its a color. I've never done a monochromatic layout before and I discovered they are a lot harder to do than I thought they would be...I apparently don't have tons of stuff in my stash that is monochromatic besides thickers and primas so I didn't have a lot to work with... I also discovered picking pictures for a monochromatic layout is a chore in itself. I did manage to make a few random colored piles o'stuff but was stuck on what do with any of it. After much debate..and a nap (yes I took a nap at 7 p.m.)...and a salad for a snack...I was finally able to come up with a plan. Decided to work with the pics I liked best which meant taking a pass on the pretty blues, pinks and greens and using plain old paper bag brown. Turns out I have a ton of kraft paper and had quite a few different patterns so it gave me some options...also realized that raw chipboard is pretty close in color to kraft paper so decided to pull out a bunch of chip chit to use. After a few dabs from my creamy brown cats eye the chip was a perfect match. Luckily the challenge allows for 10% of the layout to be black or white so I was able to pull some flowers and a title together. Got to say though it's pretty hard to calculate what percentage of a layout a white prima flower is. It took 4 hours start to finish but I finally got it done. Here's the end result....

No comments:

Post a Comment